I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in awhile- I just quit my job so I’m figuring ways to make extra money on the side. I will probably post a blog post soon on this topic.
Today, I wanted to show you how to make your own elastic ties. They can be a bit pricy if you buy them at Target (cost around $3.00), so it is way much cheaper if you make your own (only $2.00 for four different colors).
- Candle with matches or a lighter
- Cut the elastic into a 9″ piece and cut the ends into a slant.
- Light your candle or lighter and put the end threads near the flame.
- Let it flare a bit, but it shouldn’t be on fire. This helps prevent any fringing.
- Tie the ends together. Voilà- as easy as that!