I just began my Rose Garden!
Here is the beginning of adding roses to my room. I went to my local florist & bought a lovely pink rose. Once it starts weeping, I will begin drying the rose petals to start making rose water.
To begin my actual garden outside, I was excited to finally get weather that reached over 60F. it has been literally freezing in Illinois!!!
TO begin my garden, I bought a mini rose planter from Target for three dollars.
It was pretty simple instructions- water the dirt pellets, plant the seeds and wait. Rose plants to thrive just need some water, sunlight and warm weather.
Some Rose plants facts:
- to increase temperature and moisture, cover with plastic wrap
- germination: 21 to 30 days
- plant in your garden or a larger container after the seedlings become 2 to 3 inches
Uses for mini roses:
- Dry them to use as an edible
- Sell them for weddings and engagements
- Make rose water & other skin products
I cannot wait for my roses to fully grow 🙂 I would love to one day to work with flowers, if it as a florist or working with flowers on my cakes.
Thank you for reading