A few weeks ago I hosted my sister-in-law’s baby shower and I did most of the cooking-with some help. One of the recipes that I absolutely loved making was small tea sandwiches. I made my own homemade white bread- yeast, Water, Salt, flour and honey- and spread the bread with a cream cheese mixture.
Serves: 40 Sandwiches
- 12 ounces of cream cheese
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 8 tbsp. Dill, fresh or dried (you only need one bunch of dill)
- Lemon juice, 1/2 lemon. Add more if you want, but I recommend only half because a full one can be overpowering.
- Homemade or bought white bread sliced. If using homemade, wait until the bread is completely cooled.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese for twenty seconds. Add dill and lemon juice and stop mixing once it’s all incorporated.
- With your bread cut into half slices or squares and spread the cream cheese mixture on one side.
- Thinly slice your cucumbers and top your sandwich with one or two cucumbers. Top it with the other slice.
- Voilà- easy appetizer!