I recently read on Lauren Conrad’s blog about the great benefits of drinking Himalayan Salt water. When the Himalayan salt becomes sole (completely absorbed in the water) it becomes a great electrolyte drink; so it is a great alternative to drinking Gatorade or buying expensive Smartwater (although lets get real, that is always a splurge).
How to make it:
- Grab a mason jar; use a 2 to 3 cup mason jar.
- Fill the jar 1/5 the way up. Other sites say 1/4, but 1/4 might be too much.
- Let it soak overnight; if any salt is left, that means the sole worked. If there is nothing left, the sole didn’t work. You will need to add another tbsp of himalayan salt & let it soak overnight again. IT should be ready.
- To make the use of the sole, you can use it in several batches. Add 1/4 cup to 3/4 of water. Drink it in the morning with lemon or drink it normally after a workout or work.
- Helps detoxify the body (especially when you add it to a warm bath)
- It can help regulate blood pressure, but remember to always limit your salt intake
- According to Livestrong, Himalayan salt has 84 mineral contents- it is especially high in iron, calcium and potassium.
- Helps stimulate circulation
Although Himalayan salt has many benefit, take it with a grain of salt. It will not solve all your health problems or ailments. I also want to bring up Himalayan salt lamps and their effectiveness. I have read many scientific studies on the benefits of these salt lamps and there are none that are proven. Even so, there has been a few thousand cases of electrical shock from them. So be careful and I hope the salt water will be a better alternative for you!
Thanks for reading 🙂