So it’s finally the time of year to pull out all my pumpkin recipes. This recipe, Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate, comes from the blogger Wholefully. Her recipe calls for 2 yields, but I am currently by myself so I will make the recipe just for one. If you want the two yields, check out her original recipe on her site 🙂
- 2 oz. white chocolate (She recommends Ghirardelli white chocolate. Fun fact: white chocolate is not even chocolate. Does not contain any cocoa. Two ounces will be half of the bar.)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) of half and half
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Combine the half-half, milk and white chocolate in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the white chocolate is melted. There might be small chunks still left, but that is perfectly fine. Make sure you are on low heat and not high heat; there should be no boiling.
- Take the pan off the heat and combine the nutmeg, cinnamon and pumpkin puree to your saucepan. Instead of using a wooden spoon, either use a whisk or spoon until combined.
- Put the saucepan back on low heat and let it heat for a minute. Like I said before, don’t allow it to boil.
- Take it off again and whisk in the vanilla and salt. It’s time to serve!
This absolutely tasted amazing. Please try it for yourself; you won’t regret it!
Thanks for Reading!